In my approximately 97 years of covering Android, I’ve heard it all:
- “You can’t have privacy if you use Android!”
- “You can’t have security if you use Android!”
- “You can’t get upgrades if you use Android!”
- “You can’t have a good user experience if you use Android!”
- “YOU CAN’T BE ONE OF THE COOL KIDS IF YOU USE ANDROID!”
All right, so that last one might be a bit of an exaggeration (though only a little). But that aside, these are all shockingly common sentiments you hear not only from tech enthusiasts but also from people who write about this stuff for a living. And I’m here to tell you they’re all equally misguided.